Friday, February 2, 2018

New board for myself

After two plus years of getting my head and heart around not being able to paddle / swim or do much with my left shoulder in an unrepairable state, I have decided to try some fins and a bit of Greenough inspiration to enter the water in a new way. All those years of rugby and motor bike racing finally caught up with me. Well it was fun and I will see what is possible now.



5' 4" x 24" x 2 1/4" Marko Foam EPS cut by Fitzy / Elite Cutting here on the Gold Coast




 Concave deck to fit me in and suround myself with a little foam.
It came out a lot like the AKU 3D render after I did a fair bit of hand shaping of the bottom edge.

Looking forward to Mo glassing it and having some fun.
 Mo glassed it in white all over and then a white filler coat on the bottom. 
The top was a blue filler coat and sanded. This brings out the sand through look.



 I will try these nubster fins to start with.

1 comment: